What Personal Information Does Tom auto Parts Gather?
The information we receive from members helps us personalize and continually improve the site. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give to us in any other way. Common situations in which this occurs include, without limitation, registering to join Tom auto Parts, updating your account settings, submitting a message to the site (including the forums, blogs, etc.), purchasing something from Tom auto Parts, or corresponding with Tom auto Parts staff.
- You can choose not to provide certain information. However, this may limit your ability to take advantage of our other functions and features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, processing your orders, providing services to you, maintaining our site, customizing future functions and features for you, improving our site, and communicating with our members.
Any correspondence with Tom auto Parts staff (by email, chat, phone, FAX, postal mail, or in person) may not be kept private unless you explicitly request that it be. We may have to share some or all of the information to respond adequately to your correspondence.
The testimonials section of the Site is for the purpose of sharing information and experiences. The testimonials section is moderated for accurate and positive testimonials. Published testimonials are genuine and are not edited or altered by Tom auto Parts. We reserve the right to post or remove any testimonial at its discretion.
By posting your interactive contents on our website, you give us a non-revocable worldwide permission to reprint or use in perpetuity the interactive content in connection with our business. You also are agreeing to the following: (1) the reprint or use of the interactive content will be at our discretion and without compensation; (2) we may use the interactive content with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit; (3) our right to use the interactive content may be assigned by us; and (4) we may use the interactive content in any media, information or communication platform (including Internet advertising) currently in use or later developed.
In addition, please note that the following personal information may be permanently displayed with any interactive content you submit to us: name, company name, position, city, state, country, and zip code.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, and each access of our web site is recorded in logs that we can use for statistical and other analyses. Each time you access our web site, your browser sends your unique IP address, your browser name/version, your operating system version, any "cookies" stored for Tom auto Parts (more on cookies below), the current resource requested, and usually the last page you visited, called the "referrer link."
- There are many programs available to you that can block all cookies sent to your browser. Blocking Tom auto Parts cookies may block our ability to take your order, result in making Tom auto Parts harder to enjoy (or eliminate certain features completely).
Does Tom auto Parts Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our members is an important part of our business. Only authorized staff, agents, and payment processors have access to private member information, and even then only in a controlled manner.
- Payment Processing: If you purchase something from Tom auto Parts, your name, billing & shipping addresses, purchase information, and payment information such as credit card number is necessarily shared with our payment processing companies to process the transaction.
- Aggregate and Anonymous Information: Tom auto Parts may share aggregate and/or anonymous statistics and related information with third parties such as network growth, usage statistics and demographics of registered members. Aggregated data will not show personal information.
- Business Transfers: As our business continues to evolve, we may acquire or sell business units or subsidiaries. Customer information is one of the business assets that would be transferred in these types of transactions. In such a situation, your personally identifiable information would only be used in a manner consistent with our pre-existing Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Web Sites: Tom auto Parts does not control the privacy practices of its advertisers, sponsors, and other third-party sites that it promotes or links to. If you click through a banner ad or link and submit your information to a third-party, you will be subject to their privacy policies.
- Laws, Etc.: We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice in the unlikely event that information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, usually with the largest key-lengths available.
- We display only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming the processing of your credit card information. Of course, we securely transmit the entire credit card number (using SSL) to the appropriate credit card company during card processing.
- Any credit card numbers stored in our computer database are protected using very strong encryption, of which only authorized staff members have key knowledge. We will also protect physical access to the machine(s) on which the secured database resides, and network access to the machine(s) will be severely prohibited or denied entirely.
- We do not disclose member passwords to any party that cannot validate their identity, except to those who can receive email at the same address used to create the membership. (Thus, you must maintain the security of your personal email account if you wish to keep your Tom auto Parts account secure.)
What Information Can I Access?
We provide a My Profile page where registered members can view their personal information stored on Tom auto Parts. Most of this information can be updated by members from that same location. (Note that when you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.) If there is any personal information listed in that area which you cannot change directly, such as your name, please contact Tom auto Parts Support (Customerservice@tomautopartsusa.com).
Does Tom auto Parts Collect Information From Children?
Tom auto Parts does not currently offer any services to children, and therefore does not knowingly accept membership or other information from those less than 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use Tom auto Parts in the presence of a consenting parent or guardian. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information via the Internet from children under the age of 13. Tom auto Parts is committed to protecting the welfare and privacy of children.
Tom auto Parts.com
The policy became effective on March 01, 2017.